THERE IS ONE ROUND OF APPLICATIONS PER YEAR, WITH A DEADLINE ON JANUARY 8, 2021.
ISN Regional Training Centers provide nephrology training to local doctors and health professionals in low, lower-middle, or upper-middle-income countries from their region through ISN Granting Programs.
These centers serve as a hub for ISN kidney care initiatives in the region, hosting ISN Fellows and CME meetings and providing support within the ISN Sister Renal Centers (SRC) and Sister Transplant Centers (STC) Programs, as well as helping to develop locally-relevant research and advocacy strategies.
Learn more about ISN Granting Programs on the ISN website.
Selected centers are recognized as ISN Regional Training Centers for five years, with the option to re-apply to retain this status. ISN Regional Training Centers get priority consideration when applying to ISN Granting Programs and benefit from increased visibility at local, national, and global levels.
Apply to become an ISN Regional Training Center:
Institutions from low and middle-income countries are eligible to apply. The deadline to apply is January 8, 2021.Regional Training Centers serve as ISN beacons within a region. The program director and senior staff at these centers are expected to be active members of the ISN community with full ISN Membership.
1. Application form, which includes questions on:
o Topics they can provide training on;
o Involvement in research (clinical, lab and epidemiology/registry);
o Language of training;
o Local accreditation (by professional organization or government);
o Adequate governance, planning, staffing and quality assurance.
2. 5-Year Plan (PDF upload), which can be formulated in the most convenient format for each applicant.It should describe how applicants envision their involvement in the ISN Programs over the next 5 years (as a training center and/or with representatives attending regional events), and the impact on kidney care at a regional level that they would like to achieve.
This 5-year plan will be used to assess the candidate training capabilities and motivation to become an ISN Regional Training Center, but also to track their progress if they are selected, and if they decide to re-apply to remain an ISN Regional Training Center after 5 years.
3. Letter of Support from Local or Regional Society of Nephrology (PDF upload), which should be a statement from an executive representative from the local or regional society of nephrology highlighting the strengths of the Center, how it could impact kidney care in the region, and its relevance to the regional needs.
4. Letter of Recommendation from ISN Regional Board (PDF upload), which should be a statement from the ISN Regional Board Chair or Deputy Chair providing a rationale for their recommendation. Please contact the ISN Programs Team at email@example.com if you do not know your ISN Regional Board Chair or Deputy Chair's contact details.
Tips for a successful application:
Please make sure you read the guidelines carefully as they include key information for a successful application.
To be successful, applications should demonstrate the institution’s passion and capability for training doctors and health professionals in kidney care from surrounding low-resource areas and manifest continued involvement in ISN capacity-building activities.
Please note that applications should preferably involve training of doctors and health professionals from the same region rather than just from the same country.
As part of the application process, institutions are required to provide a 5-year plan, which should describe how they envision their involvement in the ISN Programs over the next 5 years (as a training center and/or with representatives attending regional events), and the impact on kidney care at a regional level that they would like to achieve. This 5-year plan will be used to assess the institution training capabilities and motivation to become an ISN Regional Training Center, but also to track their progress if they are selected, and if they decide to re-apply to remain an ISN Regional Training Center after 5 years.
If your center is interested in becoming an ISN Regional Training Center, please complete the application form. If you do not have an account already, please create a new one by clicking on the "Sign Up" button on the right of this page.Please do not hesitate to contact the ISN Programs Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you may have.
Network of ISN Regional Training Centers 2017-2019:
10 centers were recognized as ISN Regional Training Centers for the period 2017-2019.
Here are some success stories achieved by these ISN Regional Training Centers:
1. St. John’s Medical College, Children's Kidney Care Center, India:
2. University of Cape Town, Groote Schuur Hospital, South Africa:
3. Peking University, Institute of Nephrology, China:
4. Fundacion Clinica Valle Del Lili, Colombia: